For hundreds of years, millions of people around the world have used the aloe vera plant for a variety of purposes. Native to the continent of Africa, this “wonder plant” can relieve everything from itching, burning skin to constipation, stomachaches and heartburn.
Although using the aloe vera plant is beneficial in many ways, we are most interested in those that relate to the skin. Read on to learn the top 5 benefits of aloe vera in skin care.
1. Anti-Aging Serum: Aloe vera can be a potent ingredient for an anti-aging skin regimen. According to Elizabeth Renter of the Natural Society, aloe vera gel tightens the pores and reduces wrinkles due to its high zinc content.
2. Acne Fighter: Because of this plant’s many antimicrobial properties, its application to skin twice daily can reduce the appearance of blackheads, whiteheads and other blemishes.
3. Moisturizer for Cracked Heels: Do you suffer from cracked skin on your hands & heels? Try smoothing aloe vera gel over those affected area a few times a day. Applied topically, the vitamins and minerals in aloe vera gel will soak and heal dry, cracked skin.
4. First and Second Degree Burns: Aloe vera gel has been proven to heal first and second degree burns faster and reduce pain from first and second degree burns quicker than when treated with medical grade silver sulfadiazine.
5. Sunburn Soother: Those who burn easily in the sun can find relief by using aloe vera gel. For a handy way to use aloe vera gel, put the gel in an ice cube tray and freeze it. Once the aloe vera gel has frozen into cubes, apply it to skin and store the unused aloe vera cubes in a freezer safe container.
For these reasons and many others, we actually include aloe vera in many of our facial products (like our Pure Youth Advanced Wrinkle Cream), as well as our most popular Bath & Body products (like our Roll-On Deodorant, our Natural Styling Hair Gel, and our Real Purity Acne Soap).