How Can You Lather Up With Organic and Natural Soaps?
Wondering why you should consider lathering up with organic and natural soaps? According to The Global Healing Center, conventional store-bought soaps often contain a number of ingredients you don’t always want to lather all over you skin. It’s no surprise, then, that one of the main benefits of using organic and/or natural soaps is so that one avoids most exposure to such ingredients.
Because most organic and natural soaps haven’t had contact with herbicides or pesticides, they also tend to be much gentler on the skin. For those who have extensive allergies and/or extreme sensitivity, this can be ideal for any bathroom routine.
Love the idea of using organic soap, but not the idea of searching for something safe to use? For the do-it-yourself-ers out there, we’ve included a recipe just for you for making your OWN organic soap. This particular recipe for lavender and rosemary soap was found at Mother Earth News.
And if you don’t feel like making your own, then shop our soaps now, which are free from toxic chemicals and are gentle on the skin.
Lavender and Rosemary Soap
- Three cups of glycerin soap base (can be found mail order)
- One fourth cup infusion of lavender flowers and rosemary leaves
- One and a half teaspoon of lavender oil
- One half teaspoon of rosemary oil
- One teaspoon pulverized dried rosemary
- First, make the lavender and rosemary infusion (see lavender link for tutorial)
- Use a double boiler to turn the glycerin soap base into liquid.
- Add the infusion, the oils, and the dried rosemary and stir to ensure equal distribution
- Line small, ridged muffin tins with plastic wrap and pour the liquid into them
- Let harden for an hour to overnight and then pry out
*Depending on the size of the muffin tins, the recipe can make between six and 12 bars.
Using this recipe as a base, you'll be able to experiment with various aromatic herbs and flowers so that you can easily make your own organic and natural soaps. And don't forget - whenever you're feeling lazy, just click through to see what kinds of soaps we sell at Real Purity that are good for your skin, but cost you little to no effort.