In honor of our 50% off inventory sale this month, we’ve decided to focus this week’s blog on an ingredient that we use throughout our cosmetics category – micronized titanium dioxide.
To many, this ingredient might sound like a 'bad news', irritating synthetic. But not only does titanium dioxide occur naturally; the use of micronized titanium dioxide ensures that these particles can’t cross the skin barrier to be easily absorbed, thus providing an extra layer of protection to the user (to read more on this, see the link at the end of this article).
To read more about the benefits of micronized titanium dioxide, check out our points below.
- Provides Sun Protection: Micronized titanium dioxide acts as a broad-spectrum sunscreen that provides protection by blocking both UVA and UVB rays.
- Gentle On Skin: Although micronized titanium dioxide provides serious protection, it’s still gentle enough to use around the eyes. It’s even gentle enough that sufferers of rosacea can use it without further irritation.
- Smoother application: When micronized titanium dioxide is included in cosmetics, they tend to smooth on more easily and result in a more aesthetically pleasing look.
- Better coverage: Foundations containing micronized titanium dioxide generally provide fuller coverage than others without it. Because the mineral itself is opaque-white, it’s use in coverage-type cosmetics tends to hide imperfections and discolorations more effectively.
- Longer-lasting: Because micronized titanium dioxide reflects and scatters light (what also makes it a good sunscreen) means that your products will last a little longer than those without the mineral – particularly if the product itself is stored in a clear tube or bottle.
Interested in more information on the difference of micronized particles & nanoparticles? We like this article at BeautyByTheBatch.com.