Nicknamed the plant of immortality by the Egyptians, the aloe vera plant is widely hailed for its ability to strengthen the body and treat disease. Although it is grown primarily in warmer regions like India, South Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, the aloe vera plant has become a favorite herb of many and is still one of the most popular in households today.
Although the aloe vera plant is being discovered as a solution for everything from diarrhea to dental cavities, many love this plant simply for its benefits to skin and hair. Read on for our top 5 benefits of aloe vera on skin and hair.
1. It provides extreme moisture. Because it effectively cleans and softens the skin, aloe vera is an excellent compliment to your daily skin regimen, and can even be applied as an aftershave treatment for men. For this reason, the aloe vera ingredient plays a primary role in our Real Purity Green Tea Toner, our Real Purity pH ReTone and our Real Purity Healing Lotion.
Tip: If you have particularly dry skin, then try crushing a few almonds, and mixing them well into aloe vera gel to form a paste. Apply to your face and let sit for roughly 15 minutes for an impromptu, moisturizing face mask.
2. It acts as an anti-inflammatory. Without diving into an overly scientific explanation, aloe vera contains at least three anti-inflammatory fatty acids. These include cholesterol, campersterol and B-sitosterol (plant sterols). Together, these three components contribute to a highly effective ability to reduce inflammation caused by burns, cuts, scrapes, allergic reactions, fevers, sunburn and many other ailments. These natural gifts make an external application of aloe vera gel a perfect solution for men and women with particularly sensitive skin.
Often burning your fingers on hot pans in the kitchen, or fixing small burns on the fingers of little ones? Try out Real Purity’s Burn & Cold Sore Gel, which uses aloe vera is an active ingredient to soothe inflammation.
3. It strengthens and improves hair quality. Not only does aloe vera act as a great conditioning agent, but the scalp absorbs the benefits of aloe vera up to 7 layers deep, which provides deep conditioning to the scalp.
Tip: Sufferer of oily hair? Mix one part aloe vera juice with two parts lemon juice and apply the mixture to your scalp, coating the shafts of your hair (the nongrowing portion of a hair that protrudes from the skin). The acid provided by the lemon will remove excess oil, while aloe vera will prevent dryness of the hair and scalp. This mixture can also improve the development of dandruff.
4. It provides an natural, acne treatment. In addition to aloe vera’s ability to reduce inflammation of the skin, an application of the juice from an aloe vera plant can also greatly reduce the swelling and redness that is so often associated with acne. Drinking 2-4 oz. of aloe vera juice can also improve the vitality of your skin and the frequency of severe acne outbreaks.
Looking for something to keep your skin clean every day? Try out the Real Purity Cleansing Gel, perfect for daily clearing of inflammation-causing debris from your face.
5. It fights aging and minimizes the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Because aloe vera gel contains vitamins like C & E, both known for their ability to improve the natural firmness and quality of skin, its use can leave your skin soft, supple and hydrated. For this reason, aloe vera plays a primary role in many of our face creams, including the Real Purity Anti-Aging Dragon Fruit Cream , the Real Purity Pure Youth Anti-Wrinkle Cream and the Real Purity Night Revitalizer Cream.
Interested in a few of the natural, 100% organic Real Purity products that feature aloe vera as a primary ingredient? Take 20% off the products linked in the above article, now through the end of February. Use code ALOE20 at checkout after adding any of these items to your cart.