As summer approaches, so do new deadlines – which can leave you tossing & turning all night as you worry about how you’re going to get it done.
So what do you do when you find yourself waking up groggy, sluggish & tired from sleepless nights? Instead of reaching for the Tylenol PM, try some of our favorite essential oil remedies for sleeplessness instead.
- A Relaxing Roll-On: Simply add 20 drops of Lavender and 10 drops of Vetiver to a roller bottle. Fill the rest of the bottle with fractionated coconut oil. Apply to the bottoms of the feet every night before bed.
- Calm Your Nerves: Frayed nerves affecting your sleep? Mix 2 drops lavender, 2 drops orange, 1 drop geranium, and 1 drop clary sage in a room diffuser. Settle yourself comfortably and inhale deeply for 10-20 minutes.
- Nightmare Chaser: Nightmares abruptly interrupting your sleep? Try this solution. Put 2-3 drops of Frankincense with 3-4 drops of Juniper Berry into a diffuser and let it run while you sleep. Pleasant dreams should allow you to sleep deeply
- An Earthy Scent: No diffuser? No problem. Just put a drop of Vetiver on the back of your neck and your big toe, rubbing the excess on the bottoms of your feet. This earthy scented oil is sure to lull you into a peaceful night.
- Fall Asleep...& Stay That Way: If you can fall asleep but can’t stay asleep, this blend is for you. Put 4-5 drops of Citrus Bliss with 3 drops of Vetiver in your diffuser, and leave on through the night.