At Real Purity, we love green living, which often includes shopping at farmers markets, making your own cleaning supplies, and (of course) using natural cosmetics & skin care from Real Purity. But sometimes, schedules get so hectic that it's easy to resort to freezer meals and fast food - and suddenly those farmers markets you loved seem like a thing of the distant past.
In order to help you keep your family happy & healthy this winter, we thought we'd scour the internet for some compromises that get your family healthy meals, but keep your prep to a minimum - and for that, we turned to our all-time favorite crock pot recipes.
Read below to see our suggestions for wintertime crock pot meals that will satisfy the hungriest of families, no matter how busy their schedules are.
Stews, Soups & Side Dishes
What better way to get cozy than with stews and soups? Here are a few recipes for family favorites that we loved on sight.
- Beef Stew: Just chop up the ingredients, throw in a little flour, and voila – 10 hours later, a filling recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
- Lasagna Soup: With ingredients that are a piece of cake to sub out, this recipe is easy to make vegetarian, dairy-free or gluten-free. And who doesn’t love pasta?
- Macaroni & Cheese: We had to include this family favorite. Have it as a side dish, or throw in some chicken nuggets or grilled chicken to make a complete meal.
Protein…Protein…& More Protein
Ready to load the family up on meat entrees? Try any of the recipes below and enjoy the easy prep and delicious result.
- Honey Garlic Meatballs: Talk about the easiest recipe ever! Not only does this recipe use ingredients you probably have lying around your house, but they’re also inexpensive and easy to find. For a healthier feel, substitute turkey meatballs and pair with a good veggie (for veggie recommendations, check out this winter produce guide).
- Sweet Sesame Chicken: Enjoy Chinese food that’s budget-friendly and healthier than the fare at the restaurant down the street. No expensive, Asian ingredients required!
- Cool Ranch Chicken: Yum! Four ingredients make this our vote for easiest crockpot recipe. Make with tacos or tostadas – or just out of the pot!
Drinks & Desserts
Stuck with a sweet tooth, but avoiding ice cream in the chilly weather? Load the crock pot up for warm & tasty desserts & sweet drinks that the whole family will love.
- Peanut Butter Fondue: We loved this take on “fondue” for the family. Pair with fruit, toast & jam, and even cake or ice cream.
- Apple Crisp: It doesn’t get better than apple crisp in the wintertime. Make sure you have some ice cream on hand to serve with this amazing dessert!
- Heaven in a Crockpot: How else can you describe fudge brownie mix, mixed with chocolate chip cookie mix, butter & eggs? This is a must-try for any dessert lover.
*Please note that while all Real Purity items are vegetarian, non-GMO, gluten-free & cruelty-free, these recipes are simply ideas for meals that can be modified as needed. They do not follow any particular diet.