Being the picture of health has as much to do with what you put into your body as what you put on it. However, what many forget is that this applies not just to skin, but to your hair as well! Whether you’re looking for less breakage, better growth, or a more silky finish, you can’t go wrong with this list of natural foods for healthy hair.
- Guava- Guava is rich in vitamin C, which helps keep your hair from breaking. With more than four times the recommended amount of vitamin C, guava is a tasty way to strengthen your locks.
- Spinach- Like guava, spinach has vitamin C, but it's also packed with vitamin A, iron, beta carotene and folate to keep your hair strong and shiny. Most dark, leafy greens are good for your hair, so take a look at kale and arugula, too.
- Sweet Potatoes- Sweet potatoes can restore some shine thanks to the beta carotene, which the body transforms into vitamin A. If sweet potatoes aren't your thing, try pumpkins and carrots for the same benefit.
- Lentils- Lentils are protein powerhouses, and protein is the building block of hair cells. Without enough keratin (which is made from protein!) hair grows slowly and is weaker. If you want a non-animal, cruelty-free source of protein, lentils provide the most bang for your buck.
- Nuts- Nuts give you a boost of healthy fatty acids to promote growth and shine. They also contain trace minerals, like zinc, that help your hair look and feel its best. Walnuts are the best, but pecans, almonds and cashews are all a natural and delicious way to give your limp locks some life.
Inspired to take better care of your locks? Start a natural hair care regiment with Real Purity’s products, including simple formulas of shampoo, conditioner, hairspray and styling gel. All are available now in the Real Purity Bath & Body Care category and are 25% off through Tuesday, June 28th, 2016. Just use code BATHTIME at checkout.