The holiday season can be stressful (especially when you begin it with hyper-spending during Black Friday and Cyber Monday). That’s why we say that even though the holiday season has just arrived, we think it’s time to kick back for a few days, turn up the holiday music and crack open that brewski you already deserve.
Now, of course over-imbibing can adversely affect your health – but that doesn’t mean you have to feel guilt-laden over your occasional beverage of choice. Read on to learn more about these 7 benefits of moderate beer drinking.
- 42-percent lower risk of heart disease for moderate drinkers
- Increase in HDL (good) and lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels
- Loaded with vitamin B6, beer hops aid in the battle against heart disease
- Hops deliver a powerful one-two punch to inflammation
- Increases bone density by about 4.5 percent
- Beer decreases osteoporosis development, an important benefit for women as they age
- Hops and barley are the some of the best sources for bone building and maintenance nutrients
Lowers Kidney Stone Risk
- One daily beer lowers risk by 40 percent**
- Increased hydration keeps kidneys functioning smoothly
- Beer hops slow down calcium release from bones that is reabsorbed by kidneys, helping to prevent painful stones
- One post-workout beer hydrates better than one glass of plain old H2O (yea!!!!)
- Beer discourages the formation of bacteria on our teeth, which causes gum disease and tooth decay (beats the heck out of sugarless gum, eh?)
This holiday season, you should be able to relax. That’s why we’ve provided these 7 benefits of moderate drinking, which should let you feel a little less guilty about that beer you grab when you get home. However, please remember to always drink responsibly. You can always find other ways to destress, like exercising and taking control of your spending this holiday season. And at the end of the day, remember to kick back and relax – because you deserve it!
*Moderate beer drinking equates to one pink of beer a day for woman, two pints of beer a day for men. Please note that none of the points described in this article have been drafted or collected by a medical professional. We always recommend acting in moderation and researching what’s best for you and your body
**Kidney stone risk drops only when paired with extensive hydration and moderate drinking. Please be cautious, as excessive drinking can cause irreversible damage to your kidneys & liver
25% OFF THESE ITEMS
Ready to relax but not a big drinker? Try out these items, now on sale for the month of December! All are made with relaxing essential oils, like lavender, ylang ylang, rose and chamomile.
From now through December 31st, take 25% off the Real Purity Lavender Hand & Body Lotion (4 oz. & 16 oz. sizes), the Real Purity Ylang Ylang Body Soap, the Real Purity Eye & Throat Facial Cream & Real Purity’s Chamomile Shampoo. Use code RELAX at checkout.