This year, Mothers Day is on May 14th – which means that it’s right around the corner! In honor of the upcoming holiday, we’ve gathered a few of our favorite gifts – ranging from crafty to the simple gift of alone time – for you below.
Check them out for ideas on how you can pamper mom this Mother’s Day.
Hand Print On My Heart
- Plastic heart mold
- Mix your plaster, according to the instructions they provide.
- Pour the plaster into the heart-shaped mold.
- Have each child press their hand into the plaster, in their own molds, being careful they don’t press too hard into the plaster.
- Let plaster sit 2-3 mins, then with the toothpick carve each child’s name into their plaster mold.
- Allow plaster to dry completely (according to plasters instructions) then remove from mold and have children paint their hand print heart and add sparkles if they like.
- Allow paint to dry. Ta-dah! You have a beautiful, memorable, and meaningful Mother’s Day gift!
Puzzle Picture Frame:
- Card stock
- Puzzle pieces (about 15 pieces from puzzle with missing pieces)
- Hot glue gun
- Scotch tape
- Picture of you or your children
- Spray paint (preferably Mom’s favorite color/s)
- Sparkles (optional)
- Exacto knife
- Picture of you, your children (or your pet “children”)
- On some old news paper, spread out your puzzle pieces and spray paint them (this where you can add the sparkles, of course it’s optional) and allow to dry completely.
- Pre-heat your glue gun.
- With your card stock and a pencil, outline a rectangle, leaving a 1 1/2 inch border on all four edges.
- Carefully cut out the rectangle with your Exacto knife.
- With your hot glue gun, place dots of glue along the border of your frame and place puzzle pieces on each dot of glue.
- Flip over your picture frame and tape your picture to the back, so the picture will show through the puzzle side.
- And there you have it, two precious meaningful Mother’s Day gifts, made from the heart!
Not every family is a crafty kind of family. If the mom in your life is someone who needs a little more pampering and a little less stuff, then these ideas are for you.
Gift certificates & more
Every girl loves a good gift that they can use the way they want to. Whether it’s a massage, a manicure, and/or a haircut – she will absolutely love getting pampered for a few hours. You can also go the extra mile and make it more meaningful by making a salon at home complete with candles, soft lighting, relaxing music, lotion, nail polish, etc.
Flowers with a Note
It might seem cheesy, but everyone likes a surprisingly thoughtful gift. Coming home with flowers is a good way to say you care, you can even order a bouquet online so that she receives her flowers while at work. Don’t forget to include a heartfelt message.
There is almost nothing better than the gift of time on Mother’s Day. Dads – take the kids for the day and let mom do whatever the heck she wants for a few hours. There is nothing better than knowing you have the whole day all to yourself.
A Girl’s Day/Night Out
Sometimes, Mom just needs a day/night out with the girls. Make sure she has the time and a babysitter so that she can do just that. Let mom have some time away from the real world and enjoy some bonding time with the girls. If you really want to get mom something meaningful – plan the night out for her! Include movie or show tickets, meal gift cards, etc. in her gift so that she is all set for a night out without worrying about making any of the plans.